Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Week 40 (9 months, 1 week old)




The last few days have been some big days for Owen. He started waving this past weekend and now has really mastered it and when you say “Hi Owen” to him he really waves at you and you can tell he is so proud of himself!Owen has been sitting on his own since he was 5 months old and has been standing since 6 months, but only when we put him in those positions. He was never able to get himself from laying down to sitting, or sitting to standing. This morning (today he is 9 months and 9 days old) during his morning nap I looked in the video monitor and he was sitting up in his crib! He was all smiles.Then during his afternoon nap when I went in to his room, he was standing in his crib. He did all of this in one day! After his nap I left him in his crib to play with some toys while I was doing my hair. I kept going in his room and he would be standing in his crib. I would then sit him back down (since we hadn’t lowered his crib yet I was worried he may tumble over it) and then would hear some giggling and went back in and he was standing up again. This pattern happened 3 times in a row (I think he thought it was a game).It was super cute but I think we may have some challenges for nap times coming up! Today he was also very vocal. He was saying “da da da da da” all day and also making a clicking sound with his tongue. I love this age, its so much fun to see him growing and learning!!












No comments:

Post a Comment