So daycare seems to be getting a bit better for Owen. He still cries every morning when i drop him off, but when I pick him up he is always playing and having fun with the other kids and smiles when he sees me and gives me a big hug (he used to cry when he saw me, for pretty much the first week). However the daycare provider says he is fussy sometimes, especially in the morning after I drop him off. Hopefully that will get better. He has 2 new teeth coming in so maybe that is what is causing it. I do notice that he has these little mini tantrums (15 seconds or so) where he cries for no reason it seems. I am thinking maybe he is in pain. The 2 new teeth that have broke through the gum are the top front right tooth, and then the top left tooth, but not the one in front, the one next to it. So now at nearly 13 months old he has 4 teeth!
One funny thing that Owen has been doing while at daycare is not taking his bottle. I drop him off with a full bottle everyday, but when I pick him up, Sue Sue usually hands it back to me usually almost still full. She said she tries to give it to him, at least twice or three times throughout the day but he always refuses it. But then when I pick him up and give him the bottle in his car seat on the way home, he drinks the whole thing! Its so weird. He has never refused the bottle in his whole life, but just wont drink it while at daycare!!
Other than being fussy in the mornings and not taking his bottle, he does seem to be adjusting pretty good to daycare. I always get the report that he eats very well (not a surprise) and he is good at going down for his afternoon nap and usually naps for 1.5 to 2 hours. At his daycare he gets to take lots of feild trips- everyday they go somewhere. Either gymnastics, Bronte Park, story time at the mall or library etc. Here is a picture of him at Bronte Park, that was sent to me from Sue Sue:
Owen had a goodweekend this past weekend with his Dad (while Mommy was away on a girls weekend in Niagara on the Lake). They went for a visit at Grandma and Grandpa Willetts house and went swimming and Daddy also took him to Coronation Park to the splash pad! They had a good boys weekend and did lots of playing, eating, and napping together. Mommy sure did miss him when she got home!! While I was away Owen learned some new skills- he now knows how to turn him self around and crawl down the stairs on his tummy. I had never seen him do that before until this past Sunday. Nick said he was doing it all weekend. We were so proud of him. Another thing we noticed recently that he is now reaching up and trying to open doors as he can now reach the door knob. So we have had to make sure to put the baby proof handles on all the doors!
Here are some more pics from the past week:
Owen and Daddy at Bronte Harbour
Owen loves his books!


No comments:
Post a Comment