Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Owen's Family Birthday Party

Owen is 1!!! We had a wonderful family birthday party for him on Monday July 2. It was hosted by Nick’s parents. The sun was shining, the pool was the perfect temperature, the food was delicious and it was great to be in the company of great family and friends. Owen was the center of attention as he should be for his 1st birthday.  He was completely spoiled with so many nice presents including wonderful books, clothes, toys etc. He is one lucky boy!
Owen and Grandpa Willett


Owen wanted some wine!

Great Uncle Derrick and Great Aunt Nancy
So many presents!














He certainly go spoiled this year for his birthday- Check out all his b-day cards:



Not only did Owen turn 1 but this has been a big week in terms of milestones as well.
Owen started Daycare this week. On his first day he did fine when I dropped him off. I sort of left quickly so he wouldn’t notice.  And when I came to pick him up he was smiling and playing with the other kids. But the daycare provider, Sue Sue, told me that when they took him to gymnastics (He doesn’t participate in the gymnastics yet but some of the older 3 and 4 year olds had a class so Sue Sue brought Owen along) he cried the whole time! Considering he was in a strange place without me, during his nap time when he usually naps in the morning, I don’t blame him! It is definitely going to be an adjustment.  When I dropped him off yesterday he seemed fine for me to leave him and again I slipped out without him really noticing. When I picked him up he seemed happy to see me again.  But Sue Sue said that he was fussy most of the time, was throwing things and wouldn’t listen to “No”.  Today was much better- Sue Sue said he was much better. He ate lunch there today for the first time and Sue Sue said he ate really good (not a suprise!).  He is going for half days again next week when Grammy is here and then the week after that he starts full time!

Owen has had some other milestones this week as well. He is walking on his own more and more. Tuesday when we were at a playdate I saw him leave where he was standing and walk across the room, at least 10 times. He is getting more and more confident. I would say he is WALKING now.  He still crawls alot to get to things, but I think within the next couple weeks he will be fully walking. 

On Wednesday while we were out for dinner with Nick’s parents Owen started drinking from a straw. The waitress gave him a plastic kids cup with a straw and he immediately grabbed it and started drinking. He drank almost the whole cup of water!

No comments:

Post a Comment